Monday, March 31, 2008

puppies for adoption!!!

This e-mail has been going around!

Dear all,

I am sorry to have to trouble you again. Two days ago a lady by the name of Jacqueline Tsang contacted me asking me for help. I was not sure who is this person, but having listen to her I cannot help but come to the conclusion that she must either be a compassionate crack pot or an angel in our midst. I was invited to her house and there I saw a group of people who are her neighbours helping her out cleaning cages and feeding many puppies that were rescued from the Dewan Bandaraya City Pound in Setapak.

To cut a long story short she got these 37 puppies in various conditions and spend her own money feeding them and getting a number of Vets to help her out, which they did. Of the 37 puppies, some are in poor condition and many of them are still with the Vet under observation. Jacqueline told me that those that are open for adoption must be in reasonably good condition and are approved by the vet that they are ready for adoption. Some of the puppies do not look like strays, and I wonder how they landed in the pound.

The puppies are about 6 to 8 weeks old and I have not even bothered to ask how many male and females in the brood. My first reaction when Jacqueline called me, was that she took on more than she could chew. Okay so there was an error of judgment and when I chastised her, she took it in good faith but she protested that if she had left it to the Pound, the puppies will be put to sleep and these are good dogs that deserve a chance. She reminded me about the 3 pups that I rescued in Shah Alam two months ago and she asked me what drove me to do it.

Okay, we have a situation here and I am asking all of you out there who believe in compassion , love and whatever your good book have taught you above love and compassion to pause and consider this appeal. Jacqueline does not want your money, she spend about RM6,000 per month out of her own pocket to fuel her passion on animal rescue. All she wants from me or rather you is to help her to house these little puppies. In her words, give them a chance, they are loyal God’s creatures.

With this in mind, I am asking all of you who are Christian, Mormons, Hindu, Muslim , Taoist, Buddhist, Bahai, or others. I am asking you to put your compassion and love into practise, help us find a home for all these animals. You may not be able to take in another dog, but your friends or neighbour may be able to do so.

I am enclosing pictures in low resolution of Jacqueline and a helper Eric, and pictures of some of the doggie. All of them are available for adoption. You may contact her direct if you are keen and if you have friends who can help out, can you please forward this mail to them.

Jacqueline’s No: 012-2070436.

The last round when I had the puppy I picked from the road nearby my place, the response was rather great and uplifting. I’ve called Jacqueline to check on the updates and accordingly there’s 11 puppies left for adoption. 2 of them are males, 1 of them is severely traumatised and some has skin diseases which is easily treated with supplements. She’s an animal activist and has not left home to do everything else because of the huge amount of pups in her home that she needs to take care of. On the 15th of March 2008, her house is filled with 59 dogs and pups. Scary and amazing at the same time isn’t it?

She stays at Jalan Klang Lama, Kuala Lumpur if you are interested to check out the pups. She did mentioned she has a few adult dogs which is adorably done - sterile and vaccinated. Please please those who are interested do give Jac a call, those who are interested to help but not able to adopt, you may help out financially because the amount of money spent medicating the pups is huge.

Please help by even spreading the words k?

No comments: