Wednesday, March 04, 2009

My pet

I am back to the blog! Time to clean up the spider web and dust on the whiners!

I am a pet lover, i've tried to keep pets since young. Rabit, hamsters, turtles, fishes..... I always failed to keep them because my parents never allow me to keep pets.

You know those feng shui and karma thingy?

I always don't understand why? Is that a crime to raise a pet? Raising a pet is definately a crime only if you torture them!

I don't think there's any problem if you raise them in a right way...

My ideal pet is the miniature schnauzers.... I always asked for it but what my parents told me was acceptable because my house isn't big enough to fit a dog. Ok, i accepted it....

My 2nd ideal pet is....is not a pet but it is an aquarium! I love fishes....

I just love to see fishes swim around whenever I am moody. It is relaxing to me… I know I sound like kinda drama but it's true...

I recall last time my dad always brought me to dim sum in concorde hotel, there was an big aquarium and i'm just loving it so much!


Unfortunately, they will never let me to have one.... They claimed that it is cruel to quarantine the fishes in a minimum of space... they belong to the sea and river....

Yes, it is so true...


and Feng shui..... <---- that's bullshit!


Of course!! I am not like those who wants to have hundreds fishes dumped into a small tank or who just want to show off his aquarium that filled with full of organisms....


I will make sure there will be sufficient and comfortable place for them....


Who can guaranty they will live longer and healthier in their homeland???

Especially in this polluted world? I can even help them to escape from the food chain!

What feng shui la, whatever karma la .... all these excuses are given just because you're not interested.....


The very first fish i bought was fighting fish!

Fighting fish is also known as betta, one of the most beautiful tropical fish!

Betta is the best choice to me to keep it secretly because,


1. It looks impressive to me


2. It is cheap! Cost me not more than rm 2

3. It is liveliness, easy to maintain

4. It just need a small vase instead of a big tank, other aqua equipments are not necessary


I used to walked 20-30 mins to the fish stores that near to my house oftenly.. (less than 5 mins if drive....)


Ya ya... I know it was stupid !! I got companion 1 lo, Fung Jan always walked with me leh!


*I still failed to keep it at last because i'm just afraid... =P


Recently i was just like out of my mind.... I bought a betta from one utama that cost me rm 10...


I don't know how am i going to keep it from my parents but i just don't care so much...

I did alot of research regarding betta and i found out what I thought last time was totally wrong!


Betta is the best choice to me to keep it secretly because,


1. It looks impressive to me

- You can make it looks even worse than your shit 10 times when you keep it in the wrong way


2. It is cheap! Cost me not more than rm 2


- Not for 2009 (Unless you are looking for those half-dead one)

3. It is liveliness, easy to maintain


- It is fish, not cow. If you don't take care of it in a proper way, it won't last longer than a year no matter how liveliness is it


4. It just need a small vase instead of a big tank, other aqua equipments are not necessary


- Small vase is just enough to fit your dick, no fish can survive in a bottled size or canned size vase


- You won't be happy to soak yourself with your urine and stool for months, betta needs clean water or it will got sick and die. Your should install a filter in your tank or at least make sure your water is always clean


- Heater is required to keep your water temperature between 78F - 80F. Remember it is a tropical fish


You could save a life if you are intend to keep a betta. When you visit to any fish store that is selling betta, you will see they keep them in bottles, cans, small plastic bag like this




and this!


The water is still considered clean but in most of the stores i visited, the water is darker than drain water and the fishes are half rotting....

The shop keeper usually don't provide you the right info for the betta, they will simply tell you the betta can survive in any condition and it don't swim much so don't worry bout the space...
Of course it don't swim much la, there don't even have a space for them to turn around in the bottle.... you still expect them to swim?

You will at least need a minimum size of 2 to 3 gallon tank.

Life span of Betta is short, it could live 4-5 years in a really healthy condition or at least 3-4 years.

Most of the owners can't make it to keep their bettas for more than 1 year.

I can't assure how long can my betta live but at least i will do my best to keep it healthily...
This is the 1st mini tank i bought.... It is around 3 gallons. no filter, no heater yet... Because the tank is too small for those equipment.





The water condition shouldn't be a problem because i could do the water change to keep it clean....


The only problem is the temperature... I've no other place to keep it beside my room....
So i decided to get it a bigger home...




This is big enough, it is around 10 gallons...



With rocks, live plants, filter and heater. Air pump is not necessary for betta because it uses to take breathe on the water surface.


Now the problem is the filter... This is the shop keeper recommended one.


Double-sided water fall style filter! She said it's suits the tank...


Perhpas, it is. But it's definately not for a betta.... I tried to run it and my betta doesn't seems to be happy with the current... The current is too strong for it...


Do bear in mind, betta don't like current!


It don't even can swim probably while the current and the filter power is too strong to suck and hit it.


I also bought 2 cory catfish aka bandaraya... I reckon my tank is too clean... I'm afraid they can't find any thing to eat...




Taking care a fish isn't that simple.... Now i feel like 揦屎上身...

* plan to sell off the tank now...

No comments: