Tuesday, May 01, 2012

As-Salamu Alaykum from Jordan, Amman

Jordan.. One of the safest country in middle east. And bloody expensive place as well.


But its quite an interesting place as the landscape is totally different our part of the world. Also its full of religions history. Haven't got the chance to head to Petra ( BBC's one of "the 40 places you have to see before you die). Maybe my next trip there. :)


(A view of a small portion of the city from my hotel)


I had the chance to encounter something quite interesting. Since I had some time left with my taxi driver, he offered to take me to buy some Middle East Sweets. Which was something very different from what I expected.


(The shop selling the sweets. Its a cafe as well)


(The variety of sweets. I wonder why they call them sweets? I had like an impression of sugary sweets we get back home)


(A close up shot)


And at night, time for dinner. :)


Just had dinner in the hotel as I was already kind tired.


Since I was in this part of the world, I had to try something very middle east!


(SHISHA!!! While waiting for my food to come :). Lemon Mint flavour as recommended by the waiter. But seriously, the service for Shisha here is great. They really pay attention to your charcoal)




(The chef's work station for Barbeque meat)


(Appetizers, Hummus. A very middle eastern food)


(Waiter just told me that this is middle east bread. LOL.)


(The main course. Mixed grilled meat. Chicken, beef and lamb I think. :) )


(Finished my meal with tea. Again, they just told me middle east tea. I am starting to feel that they trying to play with me. But it is a little bit different as they add mint into their tea.)


That's all I've got for Jordan. 

Signing Off
Jan

P/S I realize what big difference between a good camera man and someone like me. May I should start to pick up some photography skills to take better picture....... on second thought... FUCK IT. :)





4 comments:

Sharon.Bee said...

where are my sweets???

Jan said...

ahahahahaha

u are slow. Other ppl tried it ade. ask ur bf to bring you to burger stall. I will bring the sweets out. :)

Sharon.Bee said...

then his journey will be menjalara -> selayang ->menjalara -> selayang -> menjalara

LOL

jermenn said...

The roti arab~!